Today was another lazy day for us. The tentative plan was to go to Roswell but one of us had computer issues so instead we went in to Alamogordo to find the Staples store for some tech support. I don't think either of us really minded though. Blue spent time talking with home and setting up video chat service on his laptop. OP just wanted to unwind, and I only had three hours sleep so being a tourist wasn't high on my list today.After we got back to the hotel I threw together a little something in order to keep a Christmas promise to a very special gal. Would like to send it out right away but I am waiting for an important piece of the plan to arrive from Oregon later this week. I am starting to learn how tough deployment is when you are away from those who are important to you. Emails, text, IMs, and phone calls are nice and all, but they still aren't the same as being with someone in person. However, being up until 0530 for a phone call is still worth it without question. Especially if the caller has been at work for over 16 hours but wanted to make sure they got to talk with you. I just hope keeping my promise goes over as well as the people I asked opinions from think it will. Not use to trying to win someone's heart, especially when they aren't like other gals.
The weather was quite nice today for a drive. We discovered we can see White Sands from the road to Alamogordo, and we found out one of the mountains not too far from here is snow-capped. I still find it ironic that most people drive 10-15 mph above the posted limit here. I figured with the mountains people would drive safer. Guess New Mexicans share something with Minnewegians after all.
So far our pass has been nice and relaxing. Going back to Bliss tomorrow is going to be way too soon.
Until then, everyone be safe.
~~~



No comments:
Post a Comment