2008-09-21

And so it begins...

So tomorrow is one of the bigger days of this year. We're not actually on deployment orders, but it does mark the beginning of being full time status, even if it is only on the state level. I will admit, I could be wrong on that term "full time status". The military in its wisdom has a myriad of degrees when it comes to determining a soldier's status. We'll be doing more than the one day a month/two weeks per year gig, that's for sure.

Even though its not "The Big Day" I'm still a little nervous about tomorrow. Spending money is on the low end right now, but with all the briefings and training we'll have I'm sure the need for extra cash will be limited if not non-existent. Nice thing about the military, they feed, house, and clothe you. Nicotine supplies are dangerously low too...although more than a few of the guys owe me some, so I'll be good to go on those before Monday is over.

I feel odd though in the fact that the biggest thing on my mind this last week hasn't been being away from home, but rather making sure a certain gal knew how I felt about her. For reasons I don't fully understand, the idea of going off to war without telling her just didn't sit well with me. Scheduling didn't permit me to be able to tell her in person so I had to resort to my least favourite option...email. I am happy to say that I received a positive and encouraging response from her...along with peace of mind. I now have yet another good reason to make sure to be safe and return home in one piece.

Not much else going on lately. Only a few things left to pack that must wait until morning, all my video equipment is ready to roll, uniforms are in the wash as I type this, hair up to standards, alarm clock set and re-checked. Nothing to really do now but get some restful sleep so I can greet the morning refreshed and ready for what-ever the future may have in store for me.

On a quick side note, I will have limited to non-existent internet access this up-coming week. I will however return in about seven days with one or more new posts and hopefully some video or at least stills. See you all then.

~~~

No comments: