2010-01-08

Happy Anniversary to Me!!!

First post of the new year.  I apologize to those wishing I would write more, but until the end of the month I really do not have anything unit-related to write about.


Life has been going well so far this year.  The family had a really good Christmas even though it is only the second one without my younger sister.  However she was mentioned fondly quite often so there is no doubt that she still lives on in all our hearts.  While my kids didn't get quite as many presents as I'm sure other one's did, they did make out like a couple of little bandits and both got gifts they had been asking for.  My daughter is using her iPod Nano daily and I've lost track of how many movies she's made on it.  Meanwhile my son has been educating me all about Batman and the playset he recieved.


Even my Jeep got a present - new headlights!  The only problem is that I'm so used to the domed/frosted factory ones that whenever I look at the new flat/clear ones my first reaction is that someone broke them.  With luck in a few weeks I'll have nice shiny new tires as well.


January 4th marked my return to the work world...I've had better weeks, and I have had much worse weeks.


In reference to the title of this post, today I mark my third year back in the Guard after the two year, court-ordered, hiatus I took in order to get custody of my kids.  While I should only have three years left to hit my twenty, I have no complaints with only having 15 years as of today.  Given my attitude in the early years I find it ironic I'm one of the last remaining few from Basic Training to still be in the Guard.  Out of about 54 of us, there are less than ten are still around.  It has been a fun 15/17 years.  I've learned a lot, met a bunch of great people, seen things I otherwise wouldn't have, and have become a better person from it all.

Hope everyone's new year is off to a good start.  Be safe.

~~~

No comments: