2009-12-14

I was W-R-O-N-G

I had a fun weekend the last couple days. True, Army once AGAIN lost to Navy (anyone have a dollar's worth of Iraqi currency they'd want to part with? I have a wager to settle with my dad) and I'm beginning to think it is some sort of annual custom. Despite the loss though it was fun to watch the game live in HD on my laptop, which is something I was unable to do last year.

Friday I had a pleasant and unexpected surprise: a parent actually stopped and waved me through to enter the traffic mess at the middle school. That having happened, I would like apologize for suggesting that there are not any considerate people left in the world as may have been suggested in previous posts. For the record, I am sorry...and thank you to the lady who let me into traffic.

Speaking of considerate people and a possible annual tradition, I spent time Saturday with my entire family/clan ringing bells in front of the little red kettle at K-Mart. I was surprised not only by how much foot traffic was at the store (I've always felt it was going down-hill) but how many people stopped to drop at least a few coins into the kettle. Odd as it may sound given the weather Saturday evening I had fun. All the kids took turns ringing the bells, the girls sang Christmas carols quite a few times, and the boys played in the snow while the adults took their turns. I was disappointed though that the Electronics Department was only showing the football game on ESPN. At one point after a 20 minute wait for my dad's phone to bring up a website I ended up calling my guys at KIMT to get the updated scores on the Army vs. Navy game during the second half. After the bell ringing shift was over we all went back to my parents' place for pizza and to visit for a while.

Sunday was filled with decorating for the holidays, locating where I had the Christmas tree, and answering the question of "where's the cookie cutters?". Fortunately I found everything I was looking for and with luck Monday after school I will get to be baking.

Hope everyone is having a fun holiday season so far. Be safe.

~~~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to be around family during the holidays...I haven't seen my daughter for almost two years. It has been five years since she has been home for Christmas. Enjoy your family while you can.