2009-05-31

Updates and a Glimpse into Morale

Things have been busy since I got back from leave. I haven't lost my inpsiration, I just haven't had much time to really sit down and write without some temporary frustrations over situations we were in colouring my writing. Fortunately I found a way to incorporate some ways I unwind back home into the daily grind over here in the Sandbox.

One such way is editing videos I've been taking and joking around with friends over here. For example, when my friend Henze bought a new HD camcorder as a joke I started telling him "it's on". Neither of us really knew what that meant, but it stuck around. Yesterday during some down time after working on some news reports for KIMT I liked how some elements looked and decided to incorporate them into a video for YouTube. This is the result.

Over all the unit is in good spirits still. We are well past the mid-point for deployment and with luck only have about 4 1/2 months until we are reunited with those we left back in the states. Personally, I can't wait. I haven't gotten home-sick like last deployment, and a good part of that is due to Red Dog (Actual)...formerly referred to as "My Bartender". Like alot of unit family members she's had to endure a lot with me being away. Part of what sets her apart from others though is we only had one date before this roller coaster ride started and she's stuck things out like a real trooper...perhaps not having as much exposure to the military life as some other family members have helps, I'm not sure. What I am sure of is I will never be able to properly express the appreciation I have, or repay her for the support she gives me...Thank you Gorgeous :)

Been alotted time lately from my trucking duties to handle the media ones, shouldn't be long before I have some unit-related videos here. Until then, enjoy this look into how some of us unwind (as well as our humor).

Everyone be safe.

~~~

No comments: